1. Slate. I love Slate magazine. It’s a news commentary site (rather than a straight-up news site) so there are often a lot of interesting articles inspired by what’s going on in the news. Plus, I love the advice column, Dear Prudence.
2. Hyperbole and a Half. A freaking fantastic, pee-your-pants humor blog that unfortunately has not been updated much at all recently. But the earlier posts (especially the ones about her dogs) are amazing.
3. Books of Adam. Another humor blog. Can be a hit or miss at times, but he draws hilarious cartoons.
4. FML. Yes, I still check F My Life daily. It’s a good reminder that no matter how crappy my life gets, there’s always someone out there who has it worse…
5. Damn You Auto Correct. Some of the things that the iPhone thinks people are saying are just hilarious. Also can be hit or miss, but some of them make me unable to stop laughing.
6. Felice Mi Fa. Okay, I can’t really say she was my choir teacher because I don’t/can’t sing, but she was the instrumental instructor for the Liturgical Arts Group that I played flute for in college. And she’s awesome and writes beautifully, so I follow her blog. Hi Meg!
7. Cracked. Another awesome online humor magazine dealio. Lots of fun lists. Warning: If you don’t like profanity, you won’t like this site.
8. Modcloth. This isn’t a blog or even something I “follow” in the traditional sense, but I check every day to drool over dresses that I’ll never be able to afford.
9. XKCD. Love this comic. It’s so nerdy and wonderful. I will admit that some go over my head since I don’t have a working knowledge of Firefly or physics, but most of them are pretty hilarious.
10. Not Always Right. Ah, the site that makes me grateful that I have never worked in retail. It features stories from employees about stupid customers. There are also several affiliate sites: Not Always Related (funny family stories), Not Always Working (the reverse of Not Always Right—so customers submit stories about dumb employees), and Not Always Romantic (funny relationship stories).
11. Postsecret. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love this site. Or at least like it, even if they don’t actively follow it.
12. Cakewrecks. I mostly check on Sundays for their Sunday Sweets feature, but it is pretty fun to go through sometimes and see how people can butcher baked goods…
Please enjoy the links provided in this entry. But don’t blame me if you don’t get any work done today. 🙂by