I know this is horribly delayed, but I wanted to acknowledge and thank Lauren at A Novel Idea (formerly A Novel Place) for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award and Erica at I Broke My Glasses Again for nominating me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. I’m new to this whole “blogging award” thing so bear with me while I try to figure it out.
The Liebster Blog Award
The Liebster Blog Award is meant to recognize the “best kept secrets” of the blogosphere and is given to blogs with less than 200 followers, and I just want to say how excited I am that people are actually interested in reading this blog! I didn’t really ever anticipate it getting to the level that it has and I want to thank you all for reading.
As part of my (severely belated–again, sorry) acceptance of this award, it is my duty to recommend five blogs from around the internet that I feel are “best kept secrets.” Here they are:
1. Librarian in the Cupboard. Nicole writes about what it’s like to be a student of library science, her thoughts on children’s books (she wants to be a children’s librarian), and the reactions she gets when she tells people what she’s going to school for. I always enjoy reading her blog 🙂
2. Book Lovers Never Go To Bed Alone. A lovely little blog with some great reading-related cartoons and graphics. Definitely an amusing read.
3. Desktop Retreat. Lots of wonderful pictures of bookshelves and reading rooms that make me drool as well as wonderful quotes about books and reading. Always thought-provoking.
4. The Brontë Sister. I don’t actually know how many followers she has, but she writes great reviews and thoughtful comments, so definitely check her out!
5. The Obsessive Book Worm. I just love her voice in her reviews and her posts about trying to get her husband (a non-reader) to read!
I hope you check out all of those blogs–you won’t be disappointed 🙂
I’m going to have to tackle the Beautiful Blogger award another day, because my computer is freaking out and I don’t want to lose this post, so thank you all again, I really appreciate the love!! 😀by