This seems like a silly question because I wouldn’t mind ANY books Santa brought me (probably) but I would definitely love to see these under the tree this year!
The five books on my birthday list I didn’t get:
1. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks – Rebecca Skloot
2. A Clockwork Orange – Anthony Burgess
3. Animal Farm – George Orwell
4. We – Yevgeny Zamyatin
5. The Eye of the World – Robert Jordan
Some other books that I’ve recently gotten interested in:
6. The Twelve by Justin Cronin. I’m currently reading his novel The Passage and OMG it’s amazing. And LONG. But amazing. And I like long books so it’s all good. But I am an insta-fan of Justin Cronin, so moar books plz. I had also forgotten until this morning that The Passage is the first of a trilogy, and the second one is available now, so Santa…listen up!
7. The Fifty Year Sword – Mark Z. Danielewski. I read an article about this the other day and it looks amazing. I loved House of Leaves but wasn’t interested at all in Only Revolutions, so I had thought that MZD would be a one-hit wonder in my book–but The Fifty Year Sword has intrigued me. Especially the fact that they’ve made an interactive e-book version that I downloaded a preview of yesterday but haven’t gotten to explore yet.
I’m sure there are more, but I can’t think of any off the top of my head, sadly.
Edit: Oh! I thought of another one!
8. Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn. I’ve heard a lot of good things about this one and it sounds like it’s right up my alley, since it basically sounds like a Law & Order SVU episode in print form. 😀by