So I guess I wrote half of this entry already when I posted my Reading Resolutions last week. But I said I reserved the right to add goals, so here is a more complete list now that I’ve thought on it some more:
1. Read at least 60 books. I read 52 in 2012, so I think I could read 60 on 2013, yes?
2. Read at least 30 new-to-me books. I love to reread, so making half of my 60 books in 2013 new reads might not be the easiest thing for me.
3. Read at least 10 books released after 2010. I’m not very good at keeping up with newly released books and I KNOW there are some great ones. This is my resolution to try to read more of the fantastic new releases out there! I’d love to get some recommendations so please comment with new releases you’ve loved
4. Read at least 7 new-to-me Stephen King books.
5. Read the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I know, I know, how could I have not read Lord of the Rings? But this year I WILL read it. Or at least I’m going to try it again.
6. Try these four books again (I’ve started them all but not finished):
- Moby Dick
- Lisey’s Story
7. Read The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. I started series years ago (Andrew has the volume with all 5) but I think I only made it through…2 of them? I’m not really sure. But I’d like to try them again. And it’s separate from the above list because I’m counting it as a series.
8. Get over my avoidance of e-books. As much as I love my iPad, and as excited as I was to download all the free classics that I’ve always wanted to read, I’ve run into some problems with e-books keeping my interest, and I’m not sure if it’s the fault of the books themselves or of the medium. I’m still plodding through Dracula and The Passage (which was SO GOOD in the beginning and now seems to draaaag), and I want to finish those before starting any other REAL books. But I’m dying to hold and read a paper-and-ink book…
9. Read at least 5 e-galleys from NetGalley. I don’t necessarily think this will be a difficult goal for me, but I tend to read my paper-and-ink books first because they’re constantly in front of me and forget about my e-books. I’ve already got at least 5 galleys downloaded that I haven’t even opened yet.
10. Read 10 books from my Classics Club list. I can’t believe I forgot about this one when I was first making my goals buuuuut I did. So this is a reminder to myself.
Now that we’re a week into 2013, have you decided on any more goals you want to complete this year?by