I’m learning to love cooking, but I still haven’t really ventured past simple casseroles and boxed baking mixes. How better to break out of my baked-ziti-and-chicken-pot-pie rut than to explore some delicious Harry Potter-themed recipes?? To make this fun, I’m going to ask you guys to vote on a recipe for me to make, and I’ll give it a shot and write a post about it sometime next week!
- Pumpkin Pasties. These look and sound delicious, although I’d always imagined pumpkin pasties to be more of a sweet rather than savory dish. (The recipe is under Appetizers!)
- Pumpkin Pasties. Guess I spoke too soon—here’s a sweet recipe for pumpkin pasties! They both sound delicious, though this one does sound a bit more complicated…
- Polyjuice Potion. Fruity, gingery, and green—yum. I might make this with a little less Sprite, since I don’t really like carbonated things, but we’ll see. Maybe I’ll just let it get flat.
- Quidditch Players’ Pie. Basically a shepherd’s pie with a twist! I tried to make shepherd’s pie once without following a recipe and it came out pretty terribly, so following a reasonably simple recipe like this would probably come out better. Fingers crossed!
- Fleur’s Cream of Brie Soup. I love brie and this sounds delicious. I’m a little suspicious of leaving the rind on the brie, because in my experience it doesn’t really “provide flavor” like the recipe claims, but I guess I’ll give it a try.
- Cauldron Cakes. These look soooo delicious and wonderfully chocolatey. I don’t have cauldrons to make them in, but maybe I could make them in ramekins?
- Butterbeer. There are tons of recipes out there, but this one sounded the best to me. I might let the cream soda get a little flat (unless simmering it will get rid of the carbonation?) but otherwise, YUM.
- Pumpkin Juice. I never found the thought of pumpkin juice to be appetizing, exactly, but this one sounds pretty good.
- Rock Cakes. Apparently people thought rock cakes sounded like scones; I just figured they were badly made cookies or something. Anyway, they’re apparently sort of like scones, but better? I don’t know, scones aren’t really my thing, but these look pretty good.
- Mince Pies. I’ve never had mincemeat, but I’m intrigued. They always sounded so delicious in the books.
Now…which one should I make? Cast your vote below!by